What happens at my appointment?
You should allow approximately 1 hour for your initial consultation.
You are consulted by Dr Pitsis and not by a treatment co-ordinator (dental assistant).
- A full medical and dental history is noted
- Your main concerns are discussed and explored
- Two orthodontic digital radiographs are taken at the practice for your convenience and are analysed and discussed with you
- A facial examination from the front and profile is performed
- Examination of your temporomandibular joints (jaw joints) and an intra oral examination is performed to assess the severity of crowding, spacing, missing teeth, extra teeth, unerupted teeth etc. as well as assessing your occlusion (bite)
- Digital photographs of your face and teeth are taken
- All the findings are shown to you and their relevance discussed
- The costs and treatment times of all options are provided to you in treatment schedules which outline what is included and the various item numbers that you can claim a rebate against if you are in a private health fund
- The findings are also reported in writing to your dentist with a copy of your radiographs and facial and intra oral photographs, with specific treatment plan options directed at addressing your concerns
How much does it cost?
Initial 1 hour Consultation with photographs - $200
Additional orthodontic radiographs - $95 for one or $130 for two (if required)
Most or all of these costs are usually rebated by your health fund extras cover.
Costs for orthodontic treatments vary yet can be as low as $280.
Orthodontic Treatment Plans
Influenced by a number of factors, including but not limited to;
- Overall treatment period (2 weeks to 3 years)
- Severity of crowding or spacing
- Severity of occlusion (bite)
- Type of braces
N.B. the overall cost of your treatment plan will be outlined and agreed before any treatment commences.
A 4% discount is given if you wish to pay the treatment costs in full at the commencement of a treatment plan and a further 1% discount is provided if you pay by direct debit, bank account transfer or cheque.
A $500 discount is given to each immediate family member for their treatment once another family member commences their treatment.
We also offer no interest payment plans over the course of your treatment.